Summer is just around the corner! We got a taste of it this past weekend, spending Saturday at our local water park (featuring America’s first Wave Pool! Woo-hoo!) for the 4th annual Dragon Boat races to raise money for charity. I didn’t race, but my husband did. Our CrossFit team’s first race ever and we came in second by a hair. It was heart breaking, but they gave it their all.
Being out in the sun called for a lot of sun protection, iced water, snacks, and fresh cut fruit out of the cooler. Strawberries, grapes, pineapples and blackberries are my favorite go-to snacks when we’re traveling or picnicking, and they are so refreshing. Some fruit is even better when it’s sitting on a bed of cool whip on top of a cookie crust! I got this “recipe” from a friend a long time ago and it’s my favorite way to make a sweet summer dessert with delicious fruit (nice) and a cookie crust (naughty) for a yummy treat! It’s not so much a recipe as it is just ready made things put together, but they come together so nicely. The fruits involved may sound like an odd combination, but believe me, it’s not!
This is a perfect treat for a summer barbecue or picnic, and so simple to make!
- Value Sized Refrigerated Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Roll
- Strawberries, washed and sliced
- Green grapes, washed and sliced in half
- 1 small can of mandarin slices
- 1 tub of Cool Whip
You may notice I did not put down how many of each- this depends on how much fruit you want on your pizza.
- Bake the cookie dough on an ungreased round pizza pan (with no holes on the bottom). The cookie dough will have to be baked longer since it is one large cookie. Mine too about 23-25 minutes on an 11″ pizza pan.
- Completely cool the dough in the pan and spread Cool Whip to the edges.
- Add fruit to pizza
- Slice, and enjoy!
As always, I appreciate your comments, questions, thoughts, and ideas.
Thank you so much for looking, now go bake up some yum!