Hi there! It has been a while since I’ve posted anything, the holidays and new year got the best of me! However, when the hubby had to leave for France on a work trip, on Valentine’s Day no less, I decided I needed to keep myself a little busy with a new recipe!
I had picked up some chocolate dessert cups by ChocoMaker a few weeks prior, but hadn’t had a chance to think about what I wanted to make. With Valentine’s Day rolling around, everything was coming up red and pink but I thought the usual chocolate covered strawberry thing might be too cliché. (Don’t get me wrong, I still LOVE them!) Bright juicy raspberries I had in the refrigerator came to mind and Raspberry Cheesecake Dessert Cups were born. I bought frozen raspberries for the cheesecake blend and used fresh raspberries for a garnish. Super easy to make and delicious!
What you need:
- ChocoMaker Belgian 64% Dark Chocolate Dessert Cups
- 1 brick of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tub Cool Whip Whipped Topping (I used regular, I am not sure how the lighter versions would do in this recipe)
- 3/4 cup thawed frozen raspberries (some juice is okay)
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- Chocolate ganache (optional) – For this, you will need:
- 2 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of light corn syrup
- In a food processor, mix the cream cheese and cool whip until well blended. A hand mixer may also work if you do not have a food processor.
- Add the thawed raspberries and sugar and pulse until well mixed.
- Fill a piping bag or a Ziploc bag with the corner cut off with the mixture. Squeeze into the ChocoMaker Dessert Cups and garnish with ganache and fresh raspberries.
- To make the ganache: Melt chocolate, butter, and corn syrup over a small heatproof bowl set in a small saucepan filled with about a half inch of simmering water. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water. Whisk until smooth and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before spooning or piping over the cheesecake filled cups.
- Refrigerate for about an hour before consuming.
- Keep refrigerated, enjoy!
Thank you so much for visiting!
Now go whip something up and share the yum!